Yes, drinking water is one of the easiest, cheapest and effective ways to lessen the itching and burning down there.
Drinking water, will make you urinate more often, thus in turn will flush the sugars that feed the yeast.
How Much Water To Drink To Get Rid Of a Yeast Infection?
It is recommended to drink eight 8-oz glasses of water per day.
That way you keep your body hydrated which prevents many health related problems. Such as hemorrhoids, kidney stones, and yeast infections, just to name a few.
The truth is water helps to remove toxins from your body, which lessen the chance of any infection to occur.
However, if you suffer from a severe case of yeast infection, then in addition to drinking water, you need to use other effective natural remedies to get rid of the infection in less than a week .
Those remedies have been used by many women over the world for many years.
They have proven to work time and time again.
I always have them up my sleeves whenever I sense that a yeast infection is coming.
For these natural remedies to work best, you need to understand when, and for how long to use them.
So, it is really important to understand this health problem, and what cause it.
What Causes a Yeast Infection?
Inside your vagina lives different types of bacteria, those are not harmful, and help the vagina to clean itself.
However, when this inner balance is disturbed due to some internal or external factors, it causes yeast to grow out of control.
Once bad bacteria invades your vagina, drinking water may not be enough to remove the infection.
You need more powerful remedies than water, to eliminate this health problem.
That’s what this article will cover in details below, so keep reading.
The causes of a yeast infection can be external or internal factors:
The external factors are:
- Wearing tight underwear that don not allow the vagina to breath.
- Using feminine products, such as perfume, douching, may tamper with the pH level of your vagina.
- Not changing tampons, pads too often.
- Sitting in suits bath for too long.
The internal factors are:
- Taking antibiotics.
- Having high levels of blood sugar.
- Pregnancy, which leads to hormones changes in the body.
How Do You Treat a Yeast Infection Without Visiting Your Doctor?
There are few natural remedies out there that have proven to work in order to eliminate this health issue:
Many women swear by garlic to cure a yeast infection.
Studies have shown that garlic contains antifungal proprieties. It is able to kill the candid albicans, and thus eliminate the infection.
If you don’t like using garlic, you can skip to other options further down.
- Peel off a glove of garlic, and then sew a string of 8 inches through it.(The purpose of string is to use it to remove the garlic later on)
- Insert the glove of garlic into your vagina. It is best to do this at bedtime.
- In the morning just remove the glove of garlic by pulling the string attached to it.
Apple cider vinegar:
It is recommended to use organic and raw ACV to get the most out of this remedy.
There is a variety of ways on how to use Acv to remove a yeast infection:
- You can add ½ cup of ACV to a warm bath, and soak in for 15 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of ACV to ¼ of distilled water. Stir the mixture well, and then use a douche bag to pour the mixture into your vagina.
- Soak a tampon in a mixture of equal amounts of water and ACV, then insert the tampon into your vagina.
These remedies are very effective, they have proven to work for many women like you around the world.
So, along with drinking water to remove a yeast infection, use one of these remedies for at least a week to get rid of the infection for good.